City of New Richmond - Ordinance 454
Monday, July 22, 2013 - 11:20pm
THE COMMON COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NEW RICHMOND DOES ORDAIN AS FOLLOWS:
The following section shall be repealed and recreated as follows:
(e) Residential Districts, Planned Unit Development, Public Properties
Identification signs shall be permitted. The intent is to permit signage in areas designated for public buildings. This shall include, but not be limited to schools, churches, health care facilities, recreational facilities, community centers and any similar uses.
(1) Exempted signs. Signs not requiring a permit as listed in Section 121-377
(2) Ground Signs
a. Area. A maximum area of 50 square feet per sign
1. Signs over 36 square feet shall be reviewed by the Development Review Committee (DRC)
b. Height. A maximum height of 25 feet.
1. Signs over 8 feet in height shall be reviewed by the Development Review Committee (DRC)
c. Number. One ground sign per street frontage providing a spacing of 100 feet between signs is maintained.
(3) Wall Signs
a. Area. The total area of signs on a wall shall not exceed 36 square feet.
b. One exterior wall sign per business shall be permitted
(4) Projecting signs, Roof signs and Off Premise signs shall not be allowed.
(5) Signs shall follow design standards set in Section 121-381
(6) Signs shall architecturally compliment the building and surrounding neighborhood.
This ordinance shall take effect immediately upon passage and publication as provided by law.
Passed and approved: July 8, 2013
Published and effective: July 25, 2013
Fred Horne, Mayor
ATTEST: Tanya Reigel, City Clerk