An 'Extreme' week
A tour bus carrying "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington rolled up to the Swamp Road home of Howard and Jessica Huber.
Pennington, host of the ABC-TV reality show, performed the famed "door knock" that signaled the South Range family had been chosen as the recipients of a new home, to be built in a week.
- A tour bus carrying "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington rolled up to the Swamp Road home of Howard and Jessica Huber. Pennington, host of the ABC-TV reality show, performed the famed "door knock" that signaled the South Range family had been chosen as the recipients of a new home, to be built in a week.
- The show's crew filmed the Hubers and their children, Rosie, 3, and Henry, 6, as they packed for a trip to the Disney Vacation Club in Hawaii.
- Local excavators began digging the foundation for a new home behind the existing structure.
- Volunteers were filmed making the "Braveheart Walk" across a field to the home.
- Demolition of the old home began, with a controlled burn in part of the home used as training for firefighters.
- Work began on the foundation of the new home.
- Trees and part of the Hubers' gardens were moved.
- A new septic system was put in.
- The old farmhouse came down and was hauled away overnight.
- Work was completed on the new home's foundation.
- The fireplace and chimney were put in place.
- The house's framing was mostly erected overnight.
- The home's roof and frame were completed.
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing work were done.
- The house was insulated.
- Workers began siding the house with cedar shingles.
- Drywall started going up.
- Work started on the circular driveway.
- A home automation and security system were installed.
- Cabinetry and window trims were pinned down in the wee hours and through Saturday.
- About 25 colors were painted onto interior walls.
- A 40-foot wind turbine was erected near the home.
- The children's playground was set up in the backyard.
- The backyard dirt was sculpted to prepare for sod.
- Railings, stairs and floor coverings were completed.
- The fireplace was completed.
- Wallpaper was hung and paint was touched up.
- Electrical and plumbing were finished.
- The driveway was laid, and crushed stone and limestone were put down.
- Cleaning crews tidied up the interior of the home.
- Building inspector checked out the house
- The keys were turned over from construction workers to ABC.
- Furnishings, window treatments added.
- "Move that Bus!"
- Hubers see their new home