Hammond to hire administrator
The Hammond Village Board is moving forward with plans to hire a village administrator/clerk. The board, in its Monday, June 24, regular meeting, voted to approve a job description and classified ad for the position.
The board discussed combining the administrator position with the now-open clerk's position at its June 10 meeting.
The administrator/clerk would act as a liaison between village personnel and the board, oversee the department heads and all contracted labor positions, and carry out directives given by the village board.
The administrator/clerk would also carry out the duties of the village clerk.
The board agreed to post a classified ad for the administrator/clerk position but did not specify where or when the ad will be posted.
In other business:
* The board approved a water tower maintenance contract with Short Elliot Hendrickson Inc. after Village Attorney Tim Scott completed negotiations with SEH's attorney.
The board approved SEH's bid for work on the water tower near the Hammond Community Library at its May 13 meeting. The tower's current paint job will be stripped, using special lead-containment measures, and it will be repainted. In addition, SEH will maintain and inspect the water tower over the course of a 10-year maintenance agreement. The bid price was $475,000, to be paid out over the 10 years of the maintenance agreement.
* The board is looking into options for handling a St. Croix County communications antenna located on the water tower that is to be receiving maintenance. St. Croix County uses the antenna as part of its emergency communication system. However, the antenna could impede water tower repairs.
* The board agreed to fill an open police officer position.
* The board approved its garbage contract with Murtha Sanitation, clarifying the price for seniors, which will be...
* The board discussed and voted on proposed changes to internal procedures regarding such things as fund requests and mileage forms. The vote was a tie and the motion failed.