Musical Spartans move on to State
Thirty-nine vocal events, two piano events and eight instrumental events from Somerset High School participated in the High School Solo/Ensemble Festival on Tuesday, April 8 In Siren.
A total of 19 event qualified with 1* rating for the State Solo/Ensemble Festival at UW-Eau Claire on Saturday, May 3. Sixteen of these events posted their qualifying scores on April 8.
The Dynamics participated and qualified for the State Festival at the local Jazz/Swing Festival held at Somerset High School on March 18. Due to a scheduling conflict, two more events participated and qualified for State at a Solo/Ensemble Festival in Hudson on March 29.
State Qualifying events
- Nikki Quaderer – Alto Solo
- Mackenzie Erickson, Grace Von Holtum, Hannah Erickson, Elsie Shartin-Folkert, Malia Triebold and Mary Fohrenkamm – Madrigal Ensemble
- Jacob Scott, Ethan Lammers, Mitch Hosley and J.T. Karis – Barbershop Quartet
- Jacob Scott – Tenor Solo
- Emily Colombo – Soprano Solo
- Kacie Larkowski, Ashley Beasley, Tayva Strom, Kaitlin Croes – Barbershop Quartet
- Hannah Erickson – Piano Solo
- Kaitlin Croes – Alto Solo
- Mitch Hosley – Baritone Solo
- Zach Siebenaler – Baritone Solo
- Emily Colombo, Kelsie Caster, Miranda Cote, Hannah Gervers and Rebecca Olin – SSA Ensemble
- J.T. Karis, Gavin Meader – Vocal Duet
- Hannah Rosentreter – Alto Solo
- Mackenzie Erickson – Alto Solo
- Ethan Lammers, Ryan Vang – Vocal Duet
- Janae Rothe – Alto Solo, Musical Theatre Solo
- Percussion Ensemble -- Frank Johnson, Cally Meixner, Danielle Anderson, Autumn Wilson, Rachel Cloutier, Mikaela Barger, Mitch Barger, Ryan Phalen, Sydney Branom, Quinn Perro and Racheal Russell
- The Dynamics Show Choir: Hannah Rosentreter, Kacie Larkowski, Mackenzie Erickson, Madeline Scott, Sydney Nelson, Janae Rothe, Mary Fohrenkamm, Malia Triebold, Natalie Van Dam, Tayva Strom, Kaitlin Croes, Elsie Shartin-Folkert, Jeanette Newberg, Emily Olson, J.T. Karis, Gavin Meader, Zach Siebenaler, Jacob Scott, Ethan Lammers, Mitch Hosley, Braeden Lange-Green, Taylor Goossen, Christopher Haglund and Frank Johnson
In addition to the State Qualifying events, the rest of the vocal and instrumental events earned 20 – “1” ratings, and 11 – “2” ratings.
Submitted by Scott Perau, Somerset School District choral instructor