Pea Soup Days promises a fun weekend
Everyone knows summer has finally arrived when Somerset’s annual Pea Soup Days festival comes around. This year’s festivities kick off Thursday, June 5, and wrap up Sunday, June 8. This year’s event is a collaboration among the Somerset Chamber of Commerce, the Somerset Lions Club and Somerset Fire/Rescue. Below is a list of highlights during the festival.
Pea Soup Days events
Thursday, June 5
- OSI/Training Room Run (709 Rivard St.). Registration begins at 4 p.m., run starts at 6 p.m.
- Boy Scout Troop 144 Food Drive (709 Rivard St. on Thursday, next to the Pea Soup stand the remaining days. Donations get you 50 cents off a bowl of pea soup.)
Friday, June 6
- Holiday Stationstore Brat Sale, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (and Saturday)
- Somerset Public Library Book Sale, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Somerset Lions Club golf event registration, 4 p.m.
- Lions Club Golf Tee Off (nine holes), 5 p.m.
- Carnival by Earl’s Rides, 5-10 p.m. (unlimited wristband, $20, 6-10 p.m.)
- Food booths open at 5 p.m.
- Live music by Georgia Clay, 8 p.m. to midnight
- Fireworks by Fireworks Forever, at dusk
Saturday, June 7
- Somerset Fire/Rescue Pancake Breakfast at the fire hall, 7:30-10:30 a.m.
- Softball tournament at Village Park, 8 a.m.
- Somerset Public Library Book Sale, 9 a.m. to noon
- Parade lineup at Public School Campus, 10 a.m.
- Parade, 11 a.m.
- Carnival opens at noon (unlimited wristband, $20, noon to 4 p.m.)
- Food booths open at noon
- Fire department water fights, Spring Street, 3 p.m.
- Live music by Sunday’s Regret, 8 p.m. to midnight
Sunday, June 8
- Somerset Fire/Rescue Pancake Breakfast at the Fire Hall, 8-11 a.m.
- Inaugural River Race, 9 a.m. to noon
- Softball tournament continues, 9 a.m.
- Carnival opens at noon (discounted tickets all day)
- Food booths open noon to 4 p.m.
- Kiddie Tractor Pull under the Big Tent, registration at noon, event at 1 p.m. ($3 entry fee)
For more information on the weekend’s live bands, visit georgiaclayrocks.com or facebook.com/sundays.regret.
Inaugural River Race
The first-ever River Race will begin at the River’s Edge and end at the Village Park from 9 a.m. to noon on Sunday, June 8.
It will involve rough water. Participants will provide canoes/kayaks, paddles, and lifejackets for each person in the vessel. Transportation will be provided back to people’s vehicles.
The cost to enter is $20 per vessel (canoe/kayak). Prizes awarded for winners in each category
(Categories determined by combined ages of all people in vessel): Age 50 and under; Age 51-99; and Age 100+
All proceeds will be given to the Somerset Public Library Building Fund. For more information or to pick up a registration form contact the Somerset Public Library at
For a complete list of Pea Soup Days events and locations, visit PeaSoupDays.com or facebook.com/SomersetPeaSoupDays.