SHORELAND OVERLAY DISTRICTS
St. Croix County Chapter 17, Subchapter III,
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The St. Croix County Community Development Committee will hold a public hearing on Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., or shortly thereafter, at the Hudson Government Centers County Board Room, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson, Wisconsin, to consider the proposed amendments to the St. Croix County Code of Ordinances Land Use and Development Chapters 11, 13 and 17, regulating Shoreland Zoning, to reflect the following:
1) Subchapter III, Section 17.25 17.35 Shoreland Zoning is repealed and recreated as Subchapter III, Section 17.30 Shoreland Overlay Districts.
2) Chapter 17, Subchapter II, Section 17.16 Conservancy District is amended to include Conservancy District language found in Subchapter III.
3) Subchapter II, Section 17.09, Definitions is amended to include amended and additional definitions which will be inserted alphabetically and numerically.
4) Subchapter I, Section 17.06, 17.07, 17.08, General Provisions is amended to update cross-references to other sections of the County Code of Ordinances.
5) Subchapter VII, Section 17.72, Administration and Enforcement amend applicable sections.
6) Chapters 11, 13 and 17, are amended to clean up references to Shoreland Zoning and replaced with the correct citation and language for the new Shoreland Overlay Districts.
The committee meeting will start at 6:00 p.m. with the hearing to begin shortly thereafter. County staff will provide a short presentation and answer questions before public comments are heard.
In response to recent changes to Chapter NR 115, Wisconsin Administrative Code, St. Croix County has been working to update and modernize the countys shoreland regulations. The proposed rules replace regulations based on setbacks and minimum lot sizes with a more flexible approach based on site-specific mitigation of stormwater and vegetative impacts caused by shoreland development. County shoreland regulations apply, with limited exceptions, only to unincorporated shoreland areas.
Copies of the draft ordinance, planning documents and related maps and appendices are available at the Community Development Department, Government Center, Hudson and the Agriculture Service & Education Center, Baldwin. The documents may also be viewed or downloaded from the St. Croix County website at: www.sccwi.us/ countyshoreland.
Oral and written comments will be accepted through the end of the hearing. Comments may also be submitted prior to, or at the hearing; in person, by mail, fax or email to:
1101 Carmichael Rd., Hudson, WI 54016
715-531-1906 or 715-386-4686 Fax
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
In the case of cancellation of this hearing, please call the Community Development Department at 715-386-4680 before 5:00 p.m.
Agnes Ring, Chair
Community Development Committee