Roberts gears up for Good Neighbor Days
Good Neighbor Days is one of the first summer celebrations of the year, and it promises to be a highly entertaining one this year.
The “Good Neighbor Community” will kick of the festivities on Thursday, May 29, and wrap up on Sunday, June 1.
Thursday, May 29
- Community Appreciation Dinner, Village Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Presentation of the 2014 Good Neighbor Award, 5:30 p.m.
- Music by “Thorns and Roses” with the Hunyuks & Boston Haas, 7 to 10 p.m.
Friday, May 30
- Tractor Pull, 7 p.m.
- Slow Pitch Softball Tournament, 7 p.m.
- Music by the Pink Ties, 7-8:30 p.m.; Music by Paisan, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturday, May 31
- Car Show on Main Street, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Outdoor Marketplace, Park Building parking lot, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kiddie Parade, Division St., 11 a.m.
- Royal Ambassadors Pageant, SCC Elementary School, 6 p.m.
- Music by Arena, 7 p.m.; Music by Arch Allies, 9:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at dusk
Sunday, June 1
- Grand Parade, 1 p.m. (with grand marshals Doreen and Howard Kruschke)
- Music by Boondoggle, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Annual Demolition Derby, 3:30 p.m.
Other events include a carnival by K&M Rides & Amusements all four days, the Holiday Angels garage sale, the Hazel Mackin Community Library’s used book sale, bingo, water ball, mud volleyball, a 5K Run & Walk and a One Mile Fun Run & Walk.
For more information or a full list of contacts, events and locations, visit RobertsLions.com