SCC Facilities Task Force looking for members
St. Croix Central School District Superintendent Tim Widiker invites the public to the first Facilities Task Force (FTF) meeting at 6 p.m. on Monday, April 7, in the SCC Elementary School’s library media center.
The purpose of the task force is to assess and prioritize the facility and educational programming needs of the school district and develop facility options for a possible Nov. 4 referendum.
The first meeting is expected to last two hours. Members are asked to commit to two meetings per month for at least five meetings. A schedule will be determined at the April 7 meeting. The FTF will formally conclude after presenting its findings and recommendations to the SCC Board of Education in June.
District officials are hoping to get a diverse representation of the community, and are asking everyone to spread the word to anyone who may be interested in helping with the process.
The St. Croix Central School District Board of Education charges the St. Croix Central Facilities Task Force with the following:
- Review and analyze the findings of a comprehensive building study of the: 1) St. Croix Central Elementary School, 2) St. Croix Central Middle School and 3) St. Croix Central High School.
- Assess and prioritize the facility and educational programming needs of the schools.
- Develop potential options for addressing the prioritized needs for further investigation.
- Assess the financial implications of the preliminary options.
- Prepare and submit a written report summarizing its findings including pros and cons of each preliminary option and submit to the SCC School Board.
- Serve as information providers and key communicators to the SCC community throughout the process.
The St. Croix Central Facilities Task Force will consist of district residents and staff representing all areas of the school district. District administration, School Board members, staff, representatives from Wold Architects and Miron Construction will serve as resources to the Facilities Task Force. Craig Uhlenbrauck from Miron Construction will serve as the facilitator for the Facilities Task Force meetings. Widiker will serve as the liaison to the Facilities Task Force and report back to the full board throughout the process.
Compiled by Sarah Young