St. Croix County Board, Jan. 20, 2009
proceedings of the
ST. CROIX COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Regular Meeting January 20, 2009
Invocation given by St. Croix County Veteran's Service Officer Merlin Blaisdell. Pledge of Allegiance recited. Meeting called to order by Vice Chair King at 9:00 a.m.
Recognition of Soldiers and their Families by Merlin G. Blaisdell.
Roll call: 30 present; 1 absent and excused - Chair Rebholz. Supr. Cranmer arrived at 9:15 a.m.
Administrative Coordinator Report.
Consent Agenda: Request by Supr. Ruetz to remove the date of next meeting from the consent agenda (see below). Motion by Supr. Malick, 2nd by Supr. Schrank to adopt the consent agenda approving the December 16, 2008 County Board proceedings; approving Ordinance 779(2009) for Paul and Karen Jahnke, Town of Somerset, rezoning land from Ag to Ag-Res; approving Ordinance 780(2009) for Joseph and Linda Jahnke, Town of Somerset, rezoning land from Ag to Ag-Res; approving Ordinance 781(2009) for Roland Jahnke, Town of Somerset, rezoning land from Ag to Ag-Res; approving mileage and per diem for November 2008 in the amount of $8,284.81 and December 2008 in the amount of $6,496.98; and authorizing per diem payment to County Board Supervisor who submitted beyond the 90-day limit. Carried unanimously. Motion Supr. Ruetz, 2nd by Supr. Post to move the March 17, 2009 County Board meeting to March 16, 2009. Carried unanimously.
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS
1. Resolution #1(2009) Approving Amendment to Town of Hudson Zoning Ordinance - Youth Oriented Recreational Facilities. Motion by Supr. Ruetz, 2nd by Supr. Post to approve. Carried unanimously.
2. Review of Redistricting - Administration Committee Report - Senior Planner Ellen Denzer.
3. Resolution #2(2009) Authorizing Register of Deeds to Offer to Validate Rental Unit Weatherization Stipulations and Waivers. This resolution supersedes Resolution No. 41(2008). Motion by Supr. Norton-Bauman, 2nd by Supr. Post to approve. Carried.
4. Resolution #3(2009) Approving Labor Agreement Between St. Croix County and the Labor Association of Wisconsin (LAW) For 2009 - 2010. Motion by Supr. Standafer, 2nd by Supr. Malick to approve. Carried.
5. Resolution #4(2009) Approving Creation of the Building Facilities Long-Term Planning Committee. Motion by Supr. Wentz, 2nd by Supr. Horne to approve. Discussion. Motion by Supr. Cranmer, 2nd by Supr. Demulling to postpone action until March and request there be an additional study of the powers of the committee. Discussion. Motion by Supr. Hermsen, 2nd by Supr. Kolbe to amend the motion to postpone this resolution and in the meantime allow the Finance Committee to go forward with its work and assign a subcommittee to do the work and report to the Finance Committee. Roll call vote: Yes - 2; No - 28. Postponement amendment failed. Roll call on motion to postpone. Roll call vote: Yes - 13; No - 17. Failed. Roll call vote on motion to approve the resolution: Yes - 18; No - 12. Carried.
Committee and Department Reports by the County Clerk Cindy Campbell, Treasurer Cheryl Slind, Aging Disability Resource Center Manager Brad Beckman and Building Services Director Art Tobin.
County Clerk's Report of Correspondence and Rezoning Requests: None to report.
Meeting adjourned at 11:55 a.m.
Richard King, Vice Chair
Cindy Campbell, County Clerk
CERTIFICATE OF CLERK
STATE OF WISCONSIN }
COUNTY OF ST. CROIX }
I, Cindy Campbell, County Clerk for St. Croix County, do hereby certify the foregoing is a true, correct and complete record of the transactions of the St. Croix County Board of Supervisors' meeting held on January 20, 2009. Resolutions, ordinances, reports and minutes are filed in the County Clerk's Office.
Dated March 16, 2009 in Hudson, St. Croix County, Wisconsin.
Cindy Campbell, St. Croix County Clerk