Voting underway for Citizen of Year
The nomination period for the New Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the year has ended, and voting is now underway.
“Citizen of the Year is somebody within our community who goes above and beyond the call of duty,” said Lisa Woletz, executive director at the chamber. “It’s somebody who has assisted in an improvement or a program that offers significant value to the New Richmond community itself. And it’s something that doesn’t pertain to their job requirements. It’s something they do because it’s the nature of the person they are.”
This year, 11 community members are in the running for the honor:
• Ted Bartels, Allan’s Flower Shop
• Ronda Bierbrauer, resident
• Randy Calleja, Ready Randy’s/R&D Banquet Catering
• Craig Kittle, New Richmond Post Office
• Heather McAbee, Bremer Bank
• Christine Melby, Messes & Masterpieces
• Dr. Neal Melby, Westfields Hospital
• Mania Moore, resident
• Jean Needham, Westfields Hospital
• Stuart Nelson, resident
• Jill Schreck, Edward Jones Investments
Members of the public can view more information about the candidates and vote once for their choice online at sections.rivertowns.net/newrichmond-citizen-of-the-year. Voting closes Nov. 20.
The 2013 Citizen of the Year will be announced at the chamber’s Business After Five event at Champs Sports Bar & Grill starting at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 2.
The winner will be honored at the ceremony and will receive an engraved award. In addition, the Citizen of the Year will be the chamber’s honored guest at its annual meeting and gala in January and serve as the grand marshal of the 2014 Fun Fest Parade in July.