Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Wednesday night fire call-out was trash blaze

health New Richmond,Wisconsin 54017 http://www.newrichmond-news.com/sites/all/themes/newrichmondnews_theme/images/social_default_image.png
New Richmond News
Wednesday night fire call-out was trash blaze
New Richmond Wisconsin 127 South Knowles Avenue 54017

A Wednesday evening call summoned Somerset and Town of St. Joseph firefighters to an apartment on Francis Street in Somerset.

Chief Travis Belisle said the fire turned out to be a small, trash can fire. Belisle said the fire was started when a hot item thrown into the trash can caught fire.

He said there was minimal damage and no injuries.

According to a Somerset police report, the item was a cigarette, which had burned through a plastic bag and was smoldering in the bottom of the trash can.

St. Croix County land records indicate the property is owned by Centered Properties LLC, White Bear Lake, Minn.

news@newrichmond-news.com
Advertisement
randomness