Pea Soup Days back to May-June scheduleResidents of Somerset won’t have to wait long to get their helping of pea soup.
By: Tom Lindfors, New Richmond News
Residents of Somerset won’t have to wait long to get their helping of pea soup.
At the recent joint meeting of the Somerset Town and Village, it was announced that the annual Pea Soup Days festival was going to be early August instead of late May-early June as usual.
Apparently that information was unfounded.
“Pea Soup Days has always been in June and we are trying very diligently to get a set weekend with a carnival so that it will remain the same weekend every year in June,” said Kathy Land, Chamber president.
Although plans are still being finalized, those attending the festival May 30, 31, and June 1 can expect:
• Earl’s Rides providing the carnival again this year.
• Beer gardens and booths provided by local businesses and organizations.
• A softball tournament running all weekend.
• Somerset Fire/Rescue serving a pancake breakfast and staging water fights.
• Kids activities such as a kiddie parade, a diaper dash, “big wheel” races, and the Teddy Bear Band concert.
• The New Skinny opening for Pea Soup Days headliner Uncle Chunk Friday, May 30.
• The country-style band Westbound performing Saturday night.
• The parade starting Saturday at 11 a.m. with line-up at 10 a.m. by the Somerset school grounds.
• Saturday evening fireworks provided by Pyrometric Display.
• The Old Village Hall displaying exhibits.
New to this year’s list of events is a motorcycle show. Contact Typhannie Watson at Carpeting by Mike 715-247-3244 for more information.
Additional updates will be in the New Richmond News and on the Chamber Web site www.somerset-chamber.com.