Letter: Write-in candidate is highly qualifiedOnly 6 percent of the voters of St. Croix County voted in the primary election in September. Residents were also limited to voting in only one party. Well, that time is over.
By: Ron Campbell, Roberts,
To the Editor:
Only 6 percent of the voters of St. Croix County voted in the primary election in September. Residents were also limited to voting in only one party. Well, that time is over. The General Election is on Tuesday, Nov. 4. It’s time to make a difference in your choice this year. I am encouraging everyone to change history in one area this November. To elect a candidate for St. Croix County by way of write in.
For the office of Register of Deeds for St. Croix County, WRITE IN Geri Campbell.
There is no other candidate more qualified and educated for this position than Geri Campbell. Here is why...
• Geri is the only candidate who is currently working in the Register of Deeds Office, and she has been for almost 22 years. She has experience in all areas of the office, including 18 years in charge of Vital Statistics Records.
• Geri is the only candidate, over the last three years who was appointed First Deputy of the Register of Deeds by the Register of Deeds.
• Geri is the only candidate, over the last three years who has gone through training and education on county and state programs to become the Register of Deeds. She’s had education on new and up-to-date technology that links county and state departments, as well as connecting the public to programs and records in this office - programs approved by the State of Wisconsin, and the County Board.
• Geri is the only candidate who has the full endorsement of Kathleen (Kay) Walsh, the retiring Register of Deeds. Kay has served the taxpayers of St. Croix County for 31 years in this office, the last 14 as Register of Deeds.
• Geri is the only candidate who has worked closely with Kay Walsh on budget cuts, also on negotiations with the outside software vendor, locking in a lower price for the next five years, saving money for the taxpayers of St. Croix County.
• Geri is the only candidate who can step into this office without special training. In her current positions, she runs the operations of the office in the absence of the Register of Deeds.
The facts are true, Geri Campbell is the only candidate more qualified and trained for the position of St. Croix County Register of Deeds.
Here is how to elect Geri Campbell as the Register of Deeds.
On Tuesday, Nov. 4, go to the polls. On the ballot, in the area to vote for Register of Deeds, check the area next to the blank line. Then, on the blank line, write or type in the name: Geri Campbell. Make history and provide for the county and state the one person with proven quality and training for the office of Register of Deeds.