Local teacher organizes consignment saleExpectant mothers and those with young children will soon have a new place to shop: the Baby and Me Sale.
By: Jackie Grumish, New Richmond News
Expectant mothers and those with young children will soon have a new place to shop: the Baby and Me Sale.
The consignment sale, organized by Karen Stellrecht, will feature maternity and children’s clothing.
The biannual sale will be held at United Civic Center Ice Arena in Baldwin.
Stellrecht, a New Richmond Middle School teacher and mother of two, is organizing the sale after attending several similar sales in the Stillwater, Minn. and Eau Claire areas.
“I always shop at consignment sales,” she said. “It just makes sense.”
Consignors will be allowed to sell their quality clothing and toys at a discounted price and earn 70 percent of the profit. The other 30 percent will be used to cover building rental, advertising costs, insurance costs and table rentals, Stellrecht said.
The first sale, which will be May 1-3, will include spring and summer items, she said.
“It would be too big with all the seasons,” Stellrecht said. “It’s too hard to predict sizes anyway.”
Consignors simply price their items and drop them off at the sale site. The sale organizers do the rest. Later, they get a check in the mail.
“It’s kind of easy if they don’t want to go through the hassle of a garage sale,” Stellrecht said.
After the sale, consignors are able to pickup their items or organizers will donate them, Stellrecht said. Donations will likely go to Happy Kids Backpack Program or St. Croix County Resources, she said.
“Being a teacher, you see a lot of kids that could use some of this stuff,” she said. “We want everything to stay local.”
Anyone interested in consigning is urged to contact Stellrecht at 715-222-4835 or visit the Web site www.babyandmesale.com.