St. Croix County Board MeetingMarch 16 St. Croix County Regular Board Minutes
PROCEEDINGS OF THE ST. CROIX COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Regular Meeting March 16, 2009
Invocation given by Pastor Mary Schmotzer of Roberts Congregational United Church of Christ, Roberts, Wis. Pledge of Allegiance recited. Meeting called to order at 9:00 a.m. Roll Call: 31 present; Supr. Cranmer arrived at 9:05 a.m.
Administrative Coordinator Report.
Consent Agenda: Motion by Supr. Schrank, 2nd by Supr. Mortensen to adopt the consent agenda approving the January 20, 2009 County Board proceedings; setting the next County Board meeting for April 21, 2009 and the goal review session for April 24, 2009; approving mileage and per diem for January 2009 in the amount of $6,680.92 and February 2009 in the amount of $4,529.62. Carried unanimously.
Appointments: Chair Rebholz announced the appointment of Ed Thurman to represent Public Health on the Local Emergency Planning Commission and the appointment of the Veterans’ Service Commission consisting of Lyle Kellaher, John Helgeson and Don Lind.Presentation: Recognition of State Wrestling Champion Cole Tobin of Hudson, Wisconsin. Coach Chris Hanson spoke on Cole’s accomplishments. Applause. 9:00a.m. Public Hearing Regarding Revised St. Croix County Supervisory District Plan.
Chair Rebholz declared the public hearing open at 9:15 a.m. Tom Caflisch, River Falls and Kim Dupre, Town of Emerald spoke. Chair Rebholz closed the public hearing at 9:25 a.m.
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS
1. Review of St. Croix County Supervisory District Plan after Public Hearing – Senior Planner Ellen Denzer.
2. Resolution #5(2009) Amending Rules and Bylaws of the Board of Supervisors of St. Croix County, Wisconsin. Motion by Supr. Speer, 2nd by Supr. Wentz to approve. Carried unanimously.
3. Resolution #6(2009) Amending Rules and Bylaws to Add a Description of the Substance Abuse Committee. Motion by Supr. Wentz, 2nd by Supr. Malick to approve. Motion by Supr. Marzolf, 2nd by Supr. Sather to amend the description to read: “The Substance Abuse Committee is responsible for working to end substance abuse in the County. This work will be done through education, prevention, control and Drug Court programs utilizing County departments and public and private organizations.” Roll call vote: Yes: 6; No: 25. Amendment failed. Vote on resolution as presented. Carried unanimously.
4. Resolution #7(2009) to Adopt the Updated St. Croix County Land and Water Resource Management Plan. Motion by Supr. Ruetz, 2nd by Supr. Raebel to approve.Carried.
5. Ordinance #782(2009) Amending Chapter 17 Section 17.40 – Floodplain Overlay District. Motion by Supr. Ruetz, 2nd by Supr. Sather to approve. Carried unanimously.
6. Planning and Zoning Committee Report on Clean Sweep Program and Funding. Motion by Supr. Malick, 2nd by Supr. Ruetz to authorize the May Clean Sweep as planned with funding to come from the Contingency Fund if required. Motion to amend by Supr. Hermsen, 2nd by Supr. Sather to fix a set amount per pound of waste coming in for the May clean-up to help offset the dollars. Amendment failed. Vote on motion carried unanimously.
7. Ordinance #783(2009) Amending Chapter 40 – Lodging and Food Protection. Motion by Supr. Wentz, 2nd by Supr. Ostness to approve. Carried.
8. Resolution #8(2009) Approving the New Position of Accountant, the Filling of that Position in the Finance Department and the Reduction of Hours for the Administrative Secretary Position in the Human Resources Department. Motion by Supr. Standafer, 2nd by Supr. D. Peterson to approve. Carried.
9. Resolution #9(2009) to Authorize Entering in an Agreement with NACo and Caremark for the NACo Prescription Discount Card Program. Motion by Supr. Standafer, 2nd by Supr. Norton-Bauman to approve. Carried unanimously.
10. Finance Committee Report regarding Publishing County Board Proceedings. Report by Supr. Standafer.
11. Health and Human Services Board Report regarding Raising the Private Pay Rate at the Nursing Home. Report by HHS Director Fred Johnson.
12. Review of Wisconsin Counties Association video “I.O.U.S.A.” regarding the National Debt (30-minute video). Chair Rebholz adjourned the meeting at 1:50 p.m. Members remaining did not make a quorum. Committee and Department Reports: Health and Human Services–Public Health report given by Wendy Kramer; Health and Human Services–Long Term Support report given by Ron Lockwood; County Veterans’ Service Office report given by Merlin Blaisdell. County Clerk’s Report of Correspondence and Rezoning Requests: County Clerk Campbell reported rezoning hearings scheduled for Planning and Zoning Committee.
Announcements: Chair Rebholz made announcements. Meeting adjourned at 1:50 p.m. Roger Rebholz, Chair Cindy Campbell, County Clerk CERTIFICATE OF CLERK STATE OF WISCONSIN } COUNTY OF ST. CROIX }
I, Cindy Campbell, St. Croix County Clerk, do hereby certify the foregoing is a true, correct and complete record of the transactions of the St. Croix County Board of Supervisors’ meeting held on March 16, 2009. Resolutions, ordinances, reports and minutes are filed in the County Clerk’s Office.Dated April 22, 2009 in Hudson, St. Croix County, Wisconsin.
Cindy Campbell, St. Croix County Clerk