Tech Club forms at HillsideWhat are you doing every Monday and Thursday morning? Sleeping? Working? Well, fourth grade students at Hillside Elementary come before school by 8 a.m. to participate in Tech Club. Why? Students attend Tech Club to have fun, learn new sites, and finish up other work or assignments.
By: Eliana Fall and Kayla Dolezal, New Richmond News
What are you doing every Monday and Thursday morning? Sleeping? Working?
Well, fourth grade students at Hillside Elementary come before school by 8 a.m. to participate in Tech Club. Why? Students attend Tech Club to have fun, learn new sites, and finish up other work or assignments.
As members of Tech Club, fourth-graders present projects to students and staff.
They can use their computer skills for what they know to teach about their website, blog or program.
Tech Club was put together with the teamwork of students and staff, although we thank those who participate in Tech Club also.
The following listed are some of the popular sites used in Tech Club:
• Freerice.com - a website that fundraises with education. For every answer you get right, freerice.com donates 10 grains of rice to the poor through the UN World Food Programme. You should play this because every five seconds a child dies of hunger.
• Prezi.com - a website that allows you to organize work as a presentation.
• Edublogs.org - a website where you can create your own blog and embed your best work. Your audience is the world!
• Goanimate.com - this site allows you to act as a director and create movies and skits.
• Scratch - a downloaded computer program where you send commands to the computer and create your own computer games. The program is available at scratch.mit.edu/.
• Khan Academy.org - a website that allows kids to challenge themselves with school subjects.
• Storybird.com - a website where you design your own picture books. You can also purchase your stories if you would like.
We have a few quotes from techies about their opinions on Tech Club:
“It’s fun for me to learn new sites and use technology!” - Kayla
“I enjoy seeing my friends in the morning, and I love how there is always a new website to learn from!” - Eliana
“I like all of the kids going on different sites.” - Anna
“It’s fun to watch the kids learn and be challenged with the technology.” - Mr. Knutson
For Tech Club members, their newest goal is to make an Edublog. Please check out the following blogs:
• Kayla’s Blog: kaylarose64.edublogs.org/
• Eliana’s Blog: eblogger.edublogs.org/
• Mr. Knutson’s Class’s Blog: knutsonkrew.edublogs.org
Feel free to attend Tech Club and learn with us. We would love the company!