First Lutheran prepares to buildSome 15 years after land was purchased on the west side of New Richmond, First Lutheran Church has acquired congregational vote to build a new church on the site. Groundbreaking is set for July 15.
Some 15 years after land was purchased on the west side of New Richmond, First Lutheran Church has acquired congregational vote to build a new church on the site. Groundbreaking is set for July 15.
First Lutheran Church has a long history in the north side of New Richmond, dating back to the late 1800s. Over recent years, increases in church membership, growth of the accredited child care program and accessibility for members created a need and interest for rebuilding the church. The new location is on the intersection of Business Highway 64 and County Road K, next to the New Richmond Golf Course.
“We are thrilled and blessed to build our new church. This has been a thoughtful, deliberate process of discernment for our congregation,” said Pastor Jim Bump. “Our new location will allow us to better serve the New Richmond community area. Our mission of ‘Grace, Grow & Go’ will certainly make a bigger impact in this new facility.”
Local companies are currently submitting bids for the upcoming design and construction. In addition, numerous volunteers from the congregation and staff have dedicated hours of time and talent to the relocation process. Financial backing for the project is provided by the ELCA Mission Investment Fund.
More information about the relocation and facility plans can be found at www.firstdaynr.org.
First Lutheran Church (ELCA) was founded in 1945 after a merger of the Norwegian Lutheran Church (est. 1889) and the English Lutheran Church (est. 1891), on the north side of New Richmond.
Since its origin, First Lutheran Church has grown from 200 baptized members to more than 2,000. Known for a traditional, but contemporary style, First Lutheran aims to “have an evangelical heart and a mainline theology.”
Bump joined First Lutheran in 2009, and collaborates with a dedicated staff of six employees who further the church’s mission.