Summer Set schedule announced
The Somerset Amphitheater has announced Phase 1 of the Summer Set Music & Camping Festival lineup, set for Aug. 15-17 this year.
Acts include the following artists and groups:
- Wu-Tang Clan, an American hip-hop group from New York City
- Bassnectar, a freeform electronic music producer and DJ based in Santa Cruz, Calif.
- The Disco Biscuits, a jam band from Philadelphia whose style has been described as “trance fusion”
- Big Gigantic, an instrumental livetronica, hip-hop and jazz musical group based out of Boulder, Colo.
- Chromeo, a Canadian electrofunk duo formed in 2004 in Montreal by David Macklovitch and Patrick Gemayel
- Chance the Rapper, a hip-hop recording artist from Chicago
- Claude VonStroke, an American house and techno producer based in San Francisco who owns the Dirtybird and Mothership labels
- Cedric Gervais, a French Grammy Award winning DJ and producer famous for the 2012 single “Molly”
- Yonder Mountain String Band, an Americanprogressive bluegrass group from Nederland, Colo.
- Green Velvet,an American electronica and house music singer, songwriter and producer.
Many other acts will perform, with 40 additional artists expected to be announced soon, along with Friday and Saturday after-parties.
Summer Set’s Facebook page describes the music and camping festival as “a three-day celebration of everything we love about summer, featuring a unique blend of artists on multiple stages in an incredible northern Wisconsin setting. We encourage you to camp, to go tubing down the Apple River, to party until 2 a.m. and soak up everything that is great about summer, one last time.”
Pre-sale tickets for the three-day festival and tickets for individual days are on sale now.
The Somerset Amphitheater is located at 715 Spring St. in Somerset.