Weather Forecast


Wednesday night fire call-out was trash blaze

A Wednesday evening call summoned Somerset and Town of St. Joseph firefighters to an apartment on Francis Street in Somerset.

Chief Travis Belisle said the fire turned out to be a small, trash can fire. Belisle said the fire was started when a hot item thrown into the trash can caught fire.

He said there was minimal damage and no injuries.

According to a Somerset police report, the item was a cigarette, which had burned through a plastic bag and was smoldering in the bottom of the trash can.

St. Croix County land records indicate the property is owned by Centered Properties LLC, White Bear Lake, Minn.