Specializations: Dr. Foster specializes in complex neuropsychological evaluations for children, adolescents, and adults including ADHD, learning challenges, autism spectrum disorders, and traumatic brain injuries, as well as the impact of trauma on daily functioning. She places an emphasis on highlighting individual strengths as well as helping people to understand how their neurocognitive challenges impact their academic abilities, job performance, and interpersonal relationships.
She believes a thorough evaluation:
• Addresses emotional, behavioral, academic and professional needs
• Connects brain functioning with day-to-day challenges
• Identifies individual strengths
• Helps individuals to rise to their fullest potential
Teaching Experience: Dr. Foster has lectured widely on a variety of topics including:
• The role of neuropsychological evaluation in achieving higher levels of academic success and improved day-to-day functioning
• The relationship between learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD
• The complexity of dyslexia and the comorbidity of learning disabilities
• Trauma, attachment, and language deficits in children and adolescents identified with emotional and behavioral disorders
Educational Background: Dr. Foster completed her undergraduate studies and her Master’s degree in counseling psychology through Bethel University. She received her PhD in clinical psychology with a neuropsychology concentration from Fielding Graduate University.