Weather Forecast


Emergency responders get sick after entering home

Seven emergency responders got sick Thursday, after they went to a home in Marathon County where high levels of carbon monoxide were found.

A 36-year-old man died in that home and an autopsy will determine if it was caused by the odorless gas.

Rescuers were called about 7 a.m. Thursday to a newly-built home south of Stratford.

Stratford Fire Chief Bill Griesbach went to a hospital later in the day after getting a bad headache.

Assistant chief Mike Hughes also had a severe headache later on. Others were sickened soon after entering the home.

An investigation continues, but Marathon County sheriff's Lt. Fred Goch said the death appears to be an accident. The victim's name was not immediately released.