New Richmond Police: Police dispatched; traffic crashes
• An officer was dispatched to the 700 block of Sharron Avenue for an emergency detention complaint at 9:59 a.m. Friday, Feb. 23.
• An officer was dispatched to the 100 block of West Third Street for a welfare check at 11:14 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22.
• An officer was dispatched to the 600 block of Monette Avenue for a probation violation incident at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 12:13 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, at the intersection of South Knowles Avenue/State Highway 65 and North Fourth Street. Unit 2 — driven by Jack Kerber, 61, Centuria — was traveling southbound on South Knowles Avenue/State Highway 65 and was slowing down for the red light at the intersection when the vehicle was struck in the rear by Unit 1 — driven by Marie Allen, 57, 444 W. Fifth St. #111. Unit 1 stated that she had looked at the floorboard near the passenger seat for a moment and when she looked up again, she saw Unit 2, but was not able to stop the vehicle before the crash. Unit 1 received disabling damage to the front of the vehicle, while Unit 2 received minor damage to the rear of the vehicle.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 7:31 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, on East Richmond Way, 893 feet east of Cassandra Drive. Unit 1 — driven by Ali Dahlquist, 17, 1371 Mallard Lane — and Unit 2 — driven by Julia Belmont, 16, 1422 126th Ave, — were westbound on East Richmond Way approaching the entrance to the New Richmond High School, east of Cassandra Drive. Both vehicles slowed, but Unit 1 checked her cell phone while they were slowing down, causing her to strike Unit 2. Unit 1 received functional damage to the front of the vehicle, while Unit 2 received minor damage to the rear of the vehicle. Unit 1's airbag deployed and the driver had a small cut on their face. Dahlquist was cited for inattentive driving.