Middle-schoolers participate in History Day pre-regional
New Richmond Middle School
New Richmond Middle School History Day members were recently joined by Hudson Middle School students to participate in a National History Day pre-regional event at the middle school.
National History Day Contest encourages more than half a million students around the world to conduct historical research on a topic of their choice.
The theme this year is "Taking a Stand in History." Projects included exhibits, websites, performances, documentaries, and research papers.
The following students moved on to the regional event on March 16 at UW-Eau Claire:
• Performance about Elvis — Norah Lynch and Emily Thyne;
• Exhibit about Abe Lincoln — Kayla Harris and Elizabeth Counter;
• Exhibit about Ansel Adams — RaeAnn Johnson;
• Performance about Susan B Anthony — Isabel Skramstad, Erin Fehlen, Josie Botz;
• Exhibit about Rosa Parks — Emma Karpenske and Karly Porter;
• Exhibit about Civil Rights Leaders — Sam Simenson;
• Exhibit about Michael Phelps — Kira Schulze;
• Exhibit about Gutzon Borglum — Kailey Stevens;
• Exhibit on Milton Hershey — Abbie Rizter, Paige Stangl, Gaby Aune; and
• Exhibit on Florence Nightingale — Emma Halloran