SCC students participate in FBLA leadership conference
St. Croix Central Future Business Leaders of Wisconsin recently participated in the Wisconsin FBLA State Leadership Conference in Appleton, Wis. Of the over 3,000 participants at this year's conference, 20 students proudly represented St. Croix Central FBLA.
SCC senior Michael Sauer gave a farewell address as the state officer positions were transitioned to the new team, including SCC junior Tyler Miller.
Miller will serve as Wisconsin's Region 1 vice president for the 2017-18 school year.
Seven SCC FBLA members will be representing Wisconsin FBLA in Anaheim, Calif., for the National Leadership Conference June 28-July 2. This year marks the 75th anniversary of FBLA and its "Legacy of Leadership."
During the state conference, the following students were awarded top honors and presented the opportunity to represent Wisconsin and St. Croix Central in California:
• First Place — Hank Berger (10th grade) Introduction to Information Technology
• Third Place — Michael Sauer (12th grade) Public Speaking II
• Third Place — Tyler Berg & Dylan Lane (10th grade) E-Business
• Fourth Place — James Carter & Joshua Ferkans (11th and 12th grades) Network Design
• Fifth Place — Tyler Miller (11th grade) Health Care Administration
St. Croix Central FBLA would also like to congratulate Rachel Larsen (12th grade) for placing in the top eight in Business Communications.
Advisers Nicholas Haug and Tracie Crowley are very proud of what these students have accomplished this year. Qualifying for the National Leadership Conference is very hard to achieve and a great honor.