Joint Finance Committee sets hearing in Ellsworth
Ellsworth has been chosen as one of six locations for a Joint Finance Committee State Budget Hearing Wednesday, April 19.
The hearing will begin at 10 a.m. at the Ellsworth High School gymnasium, 323 W. Hillcrest St. The public is invited to offer feedback on Gov. Scott Walker's proposed 2017-19 biennium budget to the 16 members of the Joint Finance Committee, as well as other Wisconsin legislators in attendance. The JFC will conclude taking testimony at 5 p.m.
Rep. Warren Petryk (R-Eleva) released the following statement on the upcoming Ellsworth hearing: "In speaking with my colleagues on the Joint Finance Committee over the past several weeks, I enthusiastically requested for them to bring one of the hearings to the people of the 93rd Assembly District. This will be a great opportunity for the committee to hear the priorities of rural Wisconsin."
Hearings will also be held in these locations:
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, April 3, UW-Platteville, Ullsvick Hall, 30 S. Hickory St., Platteville
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, State Fair Park, Exposition Center, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, April 7, Berlin High School Auditorium, 222 Memorial Drive, Berlin
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 18, Spooner High School Auditorium, 801 County Highway A, Spooner
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, April 21, Marinette High School Auditorium, 2135 Pierce Ave., Marinette
Written comments may be emailed to the Committee at BudgetCommentsJoe Malkasian, Room 305 East, State Capitol, Madison, WI 53702.