Village of Star Prairie receives no bids for hail damage repair work
In a surprising turn of events, Village of Star Prairie trustees announced at their Oct. 4 meeting their request for bids to repair hail damage to buildings and structures at the ballpark, River Island Park, the Community Center, Village Shops and Well House failed to receive any bids.
"You have two options, do it yourselves or re-bid, go through the process again," advised Village Attorney Tim Scott. "There's nothing major that needs to be fixed before winter, so we can wait until everybody's caught up, then we'll get bids this spring," suggested Village President Chad Peterson.
Trustees agreed to wait until spring to rebid the work.
• Trustees approved the purchase of a new 40hp backup pump for use at either lift station for $12,448 from WW Goetsch.
• Trustees approved a request for payment #2 and the final money being withheld pending completion of the North Area Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction Project totaling $9,092.72.
• Trustees voted to amend the 2017 budget to reallocate $14,025.13 from the Fund Balance to increase the Fire Protection outlay for the Village's portion of a new pumper truck.
• Trustees approved an ordinance amendment raising the Cigarette License Fee from $5 to $100.
• Trustees designated Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017, as the date for a public hearing on the 2018 proposed budget. The hearing will start at 6 p.m. at the Community Center.