WITC promises free tuition for area high school graduates
The Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Promise Scholarship, funded by the WITC Foundation, provides free college tuition for area high school graduates who meet program eligibility requirements. The WITC Promise Scholarship will pay the balance of tuition and fees for eligible students after federal and state grants are applied. Tuition will be covered up to four terms (pending eligibility requirements each term).
"The WITC Foundation Board is proud to bring free college tuition to eligible high school graduates for the third consecutive year," WITC Foundation Board President Greg Guenard said. "We're pleased that we have found a sustainable way to support this important initiative to make attending college a reality for everyone."
Who is eligible for the WITC Promise Scholarship?
• 2018 high school, GED or home schooled graduate
• Apply for admissions to a financial aid eligible program at WITC by April 13, 2018
• Student must be a Wisconsin resident at time of application
• Complete and submit the Free Application for Financial Aid by April 13, 2018
• Complete and submit WITC Promise Application by April 13, 2018
• Student must meet eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid
• Complete all program admissions requirements prior to July 1, 2018
• Have an expected family contribution of $3,500 or lower as determined by information provided on the FAFSA.
• Achieve minimum 2.0 GPA for senior year in high school
• Participate in a free financial literacy training program while enrolled at WITC
• Enroll in at least 12 credits per term (exception to minimum credit requirement may apply for certain programs)
• Complete the WITC Foundation Scholarship application for all future terms