Veterans Day ceremonies and events
Tuesday, Nov. 7
• Veterans Day assembly, at the St. Mary School in New Richmond. The ceremony will start at 9 a.m. in the multi-purpose room. VFW Post 10818 will attend. Students of all grades will be performing various music, a reader's theatre, presenting gifts to the veterans, and closing with prayer, pledge and the national anthem. Immediately following the program, the student council will serve refreshments and have a meet-and-greet with the veterans.
Thursday, Nov. 9
• Veteran's Roundtable, at the New Richmond Civic Center. The Friday Memorial Library will host the event, which will start at 6 p.m. in the Civic Center's lower level conference room No. 2. Tom Lindfors will moderate a panel of veterans as they tell their stories and memories from their days of service, home and abroad.
Friday, Nov. 10
• Veterans Day Program, at New Richmond Middle School. The event kicks off at 8 a.m. in the gym. The keynote speakers this year are Matt Friedl and Sgt. Sean Lybeck. After the opening ceremony, there will be coffee and cookies for all community member and veterans. Feel free to take a tour of the Freedom Wall and the museum that the students built by interviewing hundreds of veterans.
• Veterans Day ceremonies, at Somerset Elementary School (625 Sunrise Drive) from 9:30-10 a.m. Somerset American Legion Post 111 will attend. The student council will lead the Pledge of Allegiance and a Veterans Day reflection and facts presentation. Third-graders will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner." A ceremony will also take place at the high school from 8-8:30 a.m. and the middle school from 8:45-9:15 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Veterans Day program, at St. Croix Central Elementary School in Roberts. The ceremony starts at 8:30 a.m. in the lower level gym. The public is welcome to attend. Students will sing patriotic songs.
• Veterans Day program, the St. Croix Central High School will host a Veterans Day program from 10-11 a.m. The high school will welcome Jasen Pomroy, a OIF/OEF veteran as the guest speaker.
• Veterans Day Ceremony at the St. Croix County Government Center in Hudson. The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. Musical selections will be performed by the Hudson High School band. Master of Ceremonies will be John Helgeson. Guest speaker will be William Rouleau with Tee It Up for the Troops program. The Veterans Memorial Honor Guard, composed of members for VFW Post 2115 and Otis H. King American Legion Post 50, will provide military honors in tribute to deceased veterans. Refreshments will be served following the ceremony. The public is cordially invited to attend.
• Veterans Day program, at the St. Croix Central Middle School. The program will start at 1:30 p.m. in the multipurpose room. A luncheon for veterans will be held at 12:15 p.m. in the FCE room (141). This year's keynote speaker is Sgt. Jake Mygatt of Baldwin.
Saturday, Nov. 11
• American Legion Post 432 Hammond/Roberts Veterans Day ceremony, at the Veterans Memorial in Roberts on West Pine Street where it intersects with West Boulevard off Highway 65. Ceremony begins at 1 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Veterans Day ceremony, at the New Richmond American Legion Post 80. The American Legion ceremony begins at 11 a.m. and will include guest speakers and a rifle salute. A lunch will be served following the ceremony.