New Richmond Police: Accidents, citations and more
In the March 7 New Richmond News New Richmond Police Reports, Mary Hansen was erroneously identified in a report as having received a phone call and looking at her phone to see who was calling. The report should have read that Hannah Pearson was the driver who received a call and looked at her phone. The News apologizes for the error.
• An officer was requested to respond to the 1300 block of County Road A for an assist other agency request at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28.
• An officer was dispatched to contact a citizen about a probation violation at 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28.
Danielle Garrett, 40, 1288 Tierney Drive, was cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia 17+ at 6:17 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 2:05 p.m. Saturday, March 2, at the intersection of North Fourth Street and State Highway 64. Unit 2 — driven by Brittany Weninger, 2160 128th St. — was traveling westbound on State Highway 64, approaching North Fourth Street. Unit 1 — driven by Paris Johnson, 21, 1286 Norway Pine Circle — was stopped at the stop sign on North Fourth Street facing south. Unit 1 approached in the intersection and was T-boned by Unit 2. The operator of Unit 1 advised she pulled out and didn't see Unit 2. Both vehicles sustained disabling damage. Johnson was cited for failure to yield the right of way from a stop sign.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:25 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, on Doman Drive, 176 feet north of East Richmond Way. Unit 1 — driven by Zachary Moe, 26, 618 E. Lincoln Road — was traveling eastbound on the driveway out of Dominos (1657 Doman Drive) and was trying to slow down. Moe said he tried to stop before entering the roadway, but was unable to stop and was skidding on ice/snow. Moe also stated he did not see Unit 2 coming due to the high snow piles. Unit 1 then struck Unit 2 — driven by James Deziel, 33, Oakdale — while Unit 2 was traveling southbound on Doman Drive. Both vehicles sustained minor damage. Moe was cited for driving too fast for conditions.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:10 p.m. Friday, March 1, at the intersection of North Montana Avenue and North First Street. Unit 1 — driven by Denise Meyer, 61, 801 Bernds Ave. — was driving southbound on North Montana Avenue and attempted to turn left onto North First Street to drive eastbound. The driver said she completed the turn, but did not see Unit 2 — driven by Brett Ulrich, 23, 701 Utah Ave. — driving westbound on North First Street. Unit 1 attempted to accelerate to avoid a crash, but was unable to. Unit 2 stated that they were saw Unit 1 turning onto North First Street and attempted to brake, but was unable to avoid a crash. Unit 1 sustained disabling damage, while Unit 2 sustained minor damage.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 7:38 a.m. Saturday, March 2, at the intersection of East Third Street and South Arch Avenue. Unit 1 — driven by Marie Driscoll, 70, 212 E. Third St. — was eastbound on East Third Street approaching South Arch Avenue. Driscoll said she tried to stop at the stop sign, but due to the icy road conditions was unable to stop. Unit 2 — driven by Joseph Biedrzycki, 42, 210 N. Arch Ave. — was southbound on South Arch Avenue and tried to avoid Unit 1, but couldn't stop due to the icy roadway. Both vehicles sustained minor damage.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 11:35 a.m. Saturday, March 2, in the Verizon Wireless parking lot at 210 N. Knowles Ave. Unit 2 — owned by Ronald Peterson, 1298 County Road E — was legally parked in the parking lot when Unit 1 — driven by Lisa Waskow, 34, 1895 90th St. — backed out of a parking stall and backed into Unit 2. The operator of Unit 1 stated that they did not see Unit 2. Both vehicles sustained minor damage.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 9:04 a.m. Sunday, March 3, at 1708 Ponderosa Lane. Unit 1 — driven by Heather Olson, 23, 1708 Ponderosa Lane — was backing out of the driveway while Unit 2 — driven by Samuel Schmitt, 24, 1748 Ponderosa Lane — was northbound on Ponderosa Lane. There was a 6-foot wall of snow on the corner of the driveway, preventing both drivers from seeing each other. The front end of Unit 2 struck the rear end of Unit 1. Both vehicles sustained functional damage.
• A two-vehicle accident occurred at 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, March 5, at the intersection of 147th Street and County Road K. Unit 1 — driven by Lawrence Weisenbeck, 85, 1822 147th St. — was stopped at the stop sign on 147th Street while Unit 2 — driven by Maisie Goodman, 18, Deer Park — was westbound on County Road K. Unit 1 pulled out from the stop sign, striking Unit 2. The operator of Unit 1 advised that, due to the sun, he was unable to see any oncoming traffic until it was too late. Both vehicles sustained minor damage.