SCC HS FBLA team advances 5 to national competition
The St. Croix Central FBLA team recently competed at the Wisconsin FBLA State Leadership Conference, which was held in La Crosse. The event featured almost 2,500 students from the seven regions that make up Wisconsin FBLA. St. Croix Central is the home school of the 2017-2018 Wisconsin Region 1 Vice-President, Tyler Miller (Class of 2018).
Students that participated from SCC include:
• Tyler Miller - Organizational Leadership - first place (National Leadership Conference Qualifier)
• Hank Berger, Tyler Olsen, Sam Malecek - Digital Video Production - second place (National Leadership Conference Qualifier)
• James Carter - Computer Problem Solving - fourth place (National Leadership Conference Qualifier)
• Zac Holme - Intro to Financial Math - sixth place
• Evan Tredal - Economics - eighth place
• Luke Mahedy, Luke Holme - Management Decision Making
• Mary Buckel - Advertising
Students in the top four move on to the National Leadership Conference in Baltimore (June 28-July 1). Miller, Carter and Berger have qualified to attend the National Leadership Conference for the second time each (they all attended last year in Anaheim).
"With such a great honor (qualifying for nationals), a great cost will be placed on these students," said adviser Nicholas Haug. "Information will be coming soon in regards to ways the public can show their support through fundraising. In addition, The Panther's Den (school store at the high school) is SCC FBLA's primary fundraiser. All sales in the store go to support SCC FBLA."
St. Croix Central FBLA advisers include Haug and Tracie Crowley.