Hammond Library column: Raising awareness for the importance of libraries
Help raise awareness about the importance of America's libraries by sharing these thought-provoking facts on your social media channels. Download and print "Quotable Facts about America's Libraries" and keep it in your wallet to have facts about libraries at your fingertips.
Here are the top 10 facts about America's Libraries: for another 20 facts check out the full article which can be found at ilovelibraries.org/30-library-facts.
• Libraries transform lives and communities. There were more than 1.35 billion in-person visits to public libraries in 2016.
• Experiencing information overload? Your library can help you find accurate answers and fact-check dubious claims.
• People of all ages rely on libraries to access books, movies, games, and more. How many items do you have checked out from the library right now?
• Summer learning programs at the library set students up to succeed during the school year.
• Wondering how your tax dollars support libraries? Ohio is a great example of how libraries offer a fantastic return on investment.
• Libraries play a critical role in making internet access available to all.
• One of many ways libraries strengthen and empower their communities: providing career assistance to people of all backgrounds.
• A library card is your ticket to #ebooklove! Supplement your paperback collection with free eBooks and audiobooks from the library. September is #LibraryCardSignUp Month!
• Libraries across the country change lives every day, in big cities, small towns, and everything in between.
• What kinds of library programs do you love to attend?
Program information: Please register for programs. Program registration links can be found at hammondpubliclibrary.org on the calendar and event, plus additional information about the programs. By registering you are helping us make better programs by having enough materials, space, and refreshments. Thank you!
For more details and to register for programs visit hammondpubliclibrary.org. If you don't have internet access, stop in and our friendly staff would love to fill you in on the details and provide you with a registration form for any of the programs.